SkillsFuture@PA Creating Website and Blog with WordPress
SkillsFuture credit can be used
The benefits of learning Website Design
- Enhance marketing/business present: In the past, when meeting with new contact, business people typically ask “Do you have a business card”, Nowadays, the common question is “What is your website?” or “What is your email address?”
- Collect Emails / Contact info: Building email database is one of the main internet of any internet marketer/ecommerce business. E.g. qoo10 sent regular email to their prospect to entice repeat purchases.
- Increase productivity: Website can be a very effective to disseminate information, for example training provider can update course schedule on their website so that the existing and potential participant view easily.
- Get a Better Job: employers prefer to hire people with a positive online influence and owning a website is a great way to achieve that.
- Get Immediate and direct Feedback: Unlike traditional publishing channel, site owner / bloggers get to read their readers’ comments the same day they click ‘publish’.
- Establish Yourself as an Expert in Your Field: Anybody can start a blog on any subject they like. If you have a have a blog site on a specific subject, you are seen as the expert in that field.
- Sell a Product: Bloggers / affiliate marketer have found success selling everything from ebooks to physically products.
Update General Settings
Search, preview and install a new theme
Create popular web pages – about us, contact us
Add main pages, sub pages, Delete pages
Set up a static home page
Working with Blog Post: Add, Delete a post
Working with Media: Upload images, Add Images to a post/page
Using Plugins, Add a basic Contact Form plugin
Insert and Format Text